Salary commensurate with education, experiences, and other requirements. Comprehensive benefit package (health care, vacation, etc.)
Term of Position:
At Will/Just Cause:
Summary of Position:
Under the general direction of the Registrar or their designee, independently manage and perform complex Registrar’s Office processes.
Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or University.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered. Equivalency for education is two years of related work experience equals one year of education.
Required Work Experience:
Three years work experience in an office setting where data organization and accuracy and attention to detail are important.
Required Licenses and Certifications:
Additional Education/Experiences to be Considered:
Bachelor Degree. Professional work experience in higher education, preferably within enrollment services or academic affairs. Understanding and experience with student system software such as Banner.
1. Manage graduation, degree awarding, institutional honors, and curricula changes. 2. Coordinate various aspects of NCAA player eligibility between the athletic, academic and student affairs departments to ensure compliance. 3. Serve as one of the University employees who are authorized to contact the NCAA. 4. Manage and analyze reports and data for accuracy, including course schedule audit processes, NCAA eligibility reports, etc. 5. Collaborate with campus partners’ course building requests, ensures compliance to matrix, and develops and maintains course scheduling training materials. 6. Coordinate record restoration, assessment for prior learning credit, school code creation, study away credit, processing subpoenas, and other banner functions. 7. Oversee special projects for Registrar Office systems, processes, and policies. 8. Responsible for supervising, scheduling, and training student employees. 9. Reports to the Registrar. 10. Maintain confidentiality of designated information.
11. Deal with highly sensitive information in a tactful and courteous manner.
12. Communicate effectively with a diverse group of students, parents, outside agencies.
13. Demonstrates an understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion, especially in working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and community members.
14. Any other duties assigned within the position classification area.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Recognize and recommend effective methods of processing transfer equivalencies as related to student records.
2. Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with a varied and diverse group of constituents.
3. Quickly adapt to varying work/task assignments within the workplace.
4. Understand and investigate issues relating to federal, state and NCAA detailed regulations.
5. Demonstrated commitment, experience and understanding for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Transcript 1 (REQUIRED): Applicants must attach a copy of unofficial transcript of an Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or University.
Transcript must include: Institution name, applicant name, date degree attained, degree awarded. Finalist will be required to submit an official transcript.
Initial Application Review Date:
September 12, 2022
Open Until Position is Filled?:
Posting Close Date:
Ferris State University, an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, is committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity within its community. Ferris offers employment opportunities to qualified candidates seeking careers in a student-focused environment that values opportunity, collaboration, diversity and educational excellence. Learn more about the Ferris Mission and community at ferris.edu. The University actively seeks applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and other underrepresented groups. For more information on the University’s Policy on Non-Discrimination, visit: Ferris Non-Discrimination Statement.
Ferris State University prepares students for successful careers, responsible citizenship, and lifelong learning. Through its many partnerships and its career-oriented, broad-based education, Ferris serves our rapidly changing global economy and society.