Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its nine colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
The University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement plans; life insurance; short and long-term disability; employee assistance program (EAP); tuition remission; and generous time off.
Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
Department: Student Financial Services
Campus: Rose Hill (RH) - Bronx
Under the direction of theAssistant Vice President for Student Financial Services, the Executive Secretary is responsible for supporting the Assistant Vice President for Student Financial Services in day-to-day activities.
· Maintains library of State and Federal Regulations for regulatory compliance (i.e., FISAP, PPA).
· Evaluates, prioritizes, and disseminates flow and communication of regulatory and informational publications and updates throughout the office and to all other departments affected.
· Communicates with parents and students to provide courteous and timely service.
· Handle calls and correspondence.
· Evaluates situations requiring immediate attention, handles or arranges for appropriate problem resolution.
· Word process correspondence, memos, reports, etc., creates/enhances and updates Excel spreadsheets and databases; and assists in proofreading applications and publications.
· Coordinates and sets-up meetings, records and distributes minutes from meetings.
· Supervises flow of appeals/reconsiderations from receipt to student notification, run reports and monitors completion.
· Maintains department operational budgets for both Lincoln Center and Rose Hill Student Financial Services offices.
· Coordinates purchases and travel arrangements.
· Works during peak cycles and extended hours during peak times.
· Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent Required. B.A. Preferred.
· Three (3) three years of secretarial experience or equivalent, preferably in higher education.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Knowledge of PowerFAIDS and/or Banner.
· Strong organizational and communication skills and comfortable with multitasking.
· Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
· Demonstrated Writing Ability.
· Mandatory Competency Testing.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Fordham Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United kingdom.