Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its nine colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
The University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement plans; life insurance; short and long-term disability; employee assistance program (EAP); tuition remission; and generous time off.
Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
Department: Student Financial Services
Campus: Rose Hill (RH) - Bronx
Under the direction of theCampus Director for Student Financial Services, the Financial Services Representative/Counselor counsels students and families regarding all aspects of financial aid and payment options through various communication means such as in person, by telephone, by email, etc. The Financial Services Representative/Counselor provides administrative effectiveness and financial aid services, through an emphasis on individual attention to students and high-quality customer service
· Advises families and students on how to pay for a university education, including all sources of assistance and the delivery system for financial aid.
· Takes responsibility for the marketing and formulation of individual payment plans, i.e., monthly payment plans and alternative loan options.
· Works proactively with enrolled students to monitor progress through the payment process.
· Is involved in all areas of financial services and financial aid administration, including but not limited to the counseling of students and parents, processing of applications, packaging, and facilitating the use of financing options.
· Manages specified financial services procedures and programs as assigned.
· Supports compliance with procedures for all programs.
· Interacts with other University offices.
· Performs Financial Aid, Financing and Admission presentations
· Participates in professional development workshops.
· May be required to work at other Fordham campuses. Some evening and weekend work required.
· Assumes other tasks as assigned.
· Bachelor's Degree required; or, in lieu of the degree, a minimum of 4 (four) years of relevant experience.
· Administrative and management skills.
· Effective oral presentation skills.
· Commitment to quality customer service.
· Minimum three years' diverse experience in either financial aid administration or related field.
· Experience in customer-oriented or consumer credit financing.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and financial aid software.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Fordham Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United kingdom.