Provide secretarial and administrative support to the office of IA/Athletics and the Sr. Assistant Vice President/Associate AD for External Relations, as well as auxiliary support to the offices of Athletic Marketing and the College Ticket Office.
1. Coordinate with Institutional Advancement and the Athletic Business office on all budgetary issues. Oversee the processing of all purchase requisitions and invoices for athletic development, athletic marketing, and the ticket office. Monitor budgets and other financial activities that may require proficiency with math and bookkeeping.
2. Collaborate with key College personnel on cross-functional projects and tasks involving the President's Office, Institutional Advancement, the office of the Athletic Director, Athletic Development, Athletic Marketing, and Ticket Office, and Student Affairs.
3. Oversee all event registrations for athletic development related events and attend functions and events as required, including weekends and evenings. Organize and schedule donor events in coordination with Institutional Advancement, including but not limited to the annual season ticket holder appreciate party, athletic donor party, and other sport specific events.
4. Assist the Sr. Associate AD for External Affairs with contact and follow up with principal donors and the development of principal donor solicitation proposals.
5. Prepare, review, copy, and file a variety of memos, correspondence, transmittals, reports, forms, and documents. Organize and maintain calendars, schedules, filing systems, and records that may include confidential donor information. Prepare and maintain records, files, and databases, some of which may be confidential.
1. Answer phones, greet and direct visitors to appropriate areas or persons.
2. Perform intermediate and advanced computer functions, including managing databases, creating, analyzing, integrating, and importing linked spreadsheets, creating mail, envelope and table merges, creating and editing captions, adding graphics, editing images, footnotes, endnotes, indices, tables of content, creating master documents and reports using information from several sources.
3. Perform all other duties as may be required.
Education and Experience Required:
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Three to five years' experience in fundraising, preferably in an athletic setting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Exceptional interpersonal skills to work with colleagues, donors, and prospects.
Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
Working knowledge of word processing and database systems. Experience with Affinaquest and/or Salesforce a plus.
Team player with strong organizational skills and the ability to work under deadline pressure and to prioritize assignments while juggling multiple tasks.
Some evenings and weekends may be necessary.
Employee Status: Full Time
Union Status: Non-Union
Providence College does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, gender, except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or genetic information. The College will develop, and from time to time update, an affirmative action program and will insist on a good-faith effort on the part of its employees to comply with the program. The College will request and expect its agents and those with whom it conducts its affairs to meet the commitment of this important program.
Notice of Non-Discrimination Providence College admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, or veteran status, and without regard to genetic information, to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the College. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, genetic information, or any other applicable legally protected basis, in the administration of its education policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other College-administered programs, and employment policies. In accordance with Title IX, it does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs or activities. Nothing in this Notice shall require Providence College to act in a manner contrary to its Dominican mission and the teaching and tenets of the Catholic Church, and the College reserves the right to take actions designed to ensure and promote its Catholic and Dominican mission. The College’...s Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Officer, and ADA/Section 504 Coordinator is the Associate Vice President for Human Resources (Kathy Alvino, Harkins 302, 401.865.2430, [email protected]). The Title IX Coordinator is the Assistant Vice President for Student Development and Compliance (Dr. James Campbell, Slavin 203, 401.865.2676, [email protected]). The Title IX Coordinator is assisted by deputy coordinators, including members of the faculty and the administration (http://www.providence.edu/sexualharassment). Inquiries regarding ADA/Section 504 issues for students may be directed to the Office of Academic Services (Jonathan Gomes, Library 229, 401.865.2470, [email protected]) and the Office of the Assistant Vice President for Student Development and Compliance (Dr. James F. Campbell, Slavin 203, 401.865.2676, [email protected]