Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its nine colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
The University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement plans; life insurance; short and long-term disability; employee assistance program (EAP); tuition remission; and generous time off.
Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
Department: Social Service 2U On-Line Education
Campus: Westchester (WC) - West Harrrison
The Student Service Coordinator contributes to the development and implementation of GSS student services policies, procedures, requirements, and activities under the direction of the Senior Director for Online Education and the Assistant Dean for Student Services. As a vital member of the Student Services team, the Student Service Coordinator participates in providing a variety of direct support services to students enrolled in the GSS Online MSW Program. Support services include information and problem solving, academic advisement, registration, orientation, and professional development opportunities. This position will operate primarily from the Westchester Campus.
· Provide consultation to GSS community and Online Program management partner on most current academic course curriculum and plans of study.
· Assist in coordination and monitoring of academic advising system and student assignments.
· Provide students with information and support, providing appropriate resources/referrals and follow-up. Provide individual academic advisement to students when necessary.
· Participate in coordination and implementation of a range of student activities such as orientation, professional development series, conferences, workshops, graduation, student advocacy and other social/academic events.
· Assist in Student Service Dept. trainings for faculty, administrators, staff, and the community.
· Assist in ensuring the accuracy and timely revision of all Student Services information and administrative materials including the GSS Student Handbook and Website.
· Oversee effect systems and processes for communication with students.
· Perform other duties as needed.
· Bachelor's Degree · Technical proficiency in specialized applications such as DegreeWorks and Banner, & Slate
· Ethical, sound judgment, detail-oriented, with strong organizational and time management skills
· Clear professional written and oral communication skills
· Exceptional interpersonal and relational skills
· Ability to function independently as well as part of a team and able to adapt to changes in priorities.
· Ability to work some evenings and weekends
· MSW · Minimum three (3) years of student service experience within accredited graduate school of social work
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Fordham Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United kingdom.