Under minimal supervision the Assistant to the Dean of Students/Vice President for Student Affairs will serve as the primary support person for the Dean of Students/Vice President for Student Affairs and for the departments housed in Malone 301, to include, but not limited to, LMU CARES, Community of Care, Student Affairs Research and Assessment, and Student Success (Parent Programs, Guardian Scholars, Veteran's Programs, Transfer Student Programs, Commuter Student Programs).
Loyola Marymount University
Office of the Dean of Students/Vice President for Student Affairs
Assistant to the Dean of Students/Vice President for Student Affairs
Position Specific Responsibilities/Accountabilities
1) Support the Dean of Students/Vice President for Student Affairs employing independent judgement in support of the office: (60%)
a) Represent the Dean of Students at meetings when scheduling conflicts arise and committee assignments as determined.
b) Manage the [email protected] email account and respond to student and parent inquiries.
c) Manage the Dean of Students/Vice President for Student Affairs calendar resolving multiple competing priorities.
d) Assist with the development and management of the Office of the Dean of Students/Vice President for Student Affairs budgets.
e) Staff committee meetings chaired or coordinated by the Dean of Students/Vice President for Student Affairs, including, by not limited to:
* Student Affairs Committee
* Student Affairs Critical Incidents Committee
* Sexual and Interpersonal Misconduct Committee
* Undocumented Student Advisory Committee
f) Collect and review weekly reports from departments under the direction of the Dean of Students and alert the Dean of Students to any issues/concerns.
2) Manage the Dean of Students/Vice President for Student Affairs office: (25%)
a) Oversee work of the administrative assistant including hiring, supervision, training, performance evaluation.
b) Manage graduate assistant and undergraduate student employee hiring and work assignments.
3) Coordinate the Off Campus Student Verification System (10%)
4) Other divisional responsibilities as assigned. (5%)
Loyola Marymount University Expectations
Exhibit behavior that supports the mission, vision, and values of the university. Promote an environment that fosters diversity and inclusion. Communicate and employ interpersonal actions that model high standards of professional, responsible, accountable, and ethical conduct. Demonstrate a commitment to outstanding customer service. Possess multicultural competency and demonstrated ability in fostering an inclusive climate for students, staff and faculty
* Typically, Master's Degree in higher education administration, MBA or another related field.
* Minimum five years of administrative and leadership experience.
* Proven experience working with college-aged students and their parents. Experience with a diverse representation of local, national and international partners.
* Ability to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with students, staff, and faculty.
* Knowledge and ability to animate LMU's Catholic, Jesuit and Marymount mission, vision and values.
* Significant experience with and understanding of university systems, practices and procedures.
* Experience with developing and managing a program or departmental budget.
* Ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) with diverse populations in a multicultural environment. Fluency in Spanish highly desirable.
* Strong problem-solving skills in the context of interpersonal and group relations required.
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and complete them in a timely fashion required.
* Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
* Demonstrated computer competency and preferably knowledgeable of MS Word, Excel, on-line survey software, and web page publisher systems.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:
To ensure the safety and well-being of our community Loyola Marymount University requires that all students, faculty and staff are vaccinated or have been approved for a qualifying medical or religious exemption.
Founded in 1911, LMU is a premier Catholic university rooted in the Jesuit and Marymount traditions. Our enrollment includes 5,962 undergraduate, 2,129 graduate and 1,278 law school students. Our 142-acre bluff-top campus is located in West Los Angeles and is among the nation's most beautiful and green campuses.