Under the supervision of the Executive Director of Enrollment Management, the Director of Financial Aid will be responsible for all administrative and personnel in the Financial Aid Department. The duties include, but are not limited to, supervision over the administration of a comprehensive program of financial assistance to students while adhering to all federal, state, and college policies and regulations related to the disbursement of state aid and Title IV programs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Manage and develop staff in accordance with College policies/procedures and applicable financial aid regulations.
2. Interview, hire, and train employees; set expectations, performance management, plan, assign and direct departmental objectives in a student-centric manner.
3. Formulate and document procedures that insure the prompt and efficient resolution of all student requests for financial aid services and assistance with interdepartmental processes.
4. Coordinate and document the continual review and revision of all financial aid procedures and interpretations of guidelines.
5. Establish goals, strategies, objectives, policies, procedures and action plans that are consistent with the College's strategic plan. Foster and maintain a culture of service, accountability and collaboration in the Financial Aid department.
6. Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with other areas of the College to ensure compliance with statutory and institutional mandates.
7. Initiate and coordinate the development of programs that encourage maximum utilization of financial aid resources to fulfill the strategic goals and objectives of the office.
8. Prepare, and report, all operational, analytical and descriptive reports requested by funding sources and the Executive Director of Enrollment Management.
9. Submit all necessary reports to the funding agencies and auditors in a timely manner ensuring that the information is accurate.
10. Communicate all policies, procedures and changes in the Financial Aid operations to the college community, especially Financial Aid personnel.
11. Enhance communication with other Enrollment Services offices and related departments to ensure students receive quality service at the college.
12. Develop and maintain communication between the Office of Financial Aid, students, and administrative areas of the college.
13. Ensure that financial aid funds are being appropriated according to College and stakeholder needs, and are within the guidelines dictated by funding sources and institutional policies.
14. Prepare all related personnel, budgetary, equipment, and facilities recommendations and projections for perusal, evaluation, and approval.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Master's degree in Business, Accounting, Business Administration or a related field.
2. A minimum of five years of experience in Financial Aid with progressively increasing leadership responsibilities.
3. Five years of progressive leadership experience in financial aid or student services, preferably in higher education.
4. Proven ability to provide vision and leadership in matters pertaining to financial aid and effectively represent the College with external constituents.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of technology and/or computer software required for financial aid processes; knowledge of Banner system.
6. Excellent analytical, problem solving, decision-making, organizational, and interpersonal skills; and outstanding oral and written communication skills.
7. Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Essex County College is an open-door public access community college that is committed to providing quality educational programs and life-long learning opportunities at a very affordable cost. The College is open to students with a wide variety of backgrounds and abilities. We take pride in the richness of our diversity and our nurturing atmosphere, which encourages students who might not otherwise aspire to higher education to enroll and excel.