Days and Hours: Mon/Thurs: 9-1:00 pm, Tues: 10-6:00 pm, Wed: 10-4:00 pm
To provide information, support and academic advisement to prospective and current ESL and international students at Camden County College, enabling them to achieve their vocational and educational goals.
1. Advises prospective and current ESL and general students on academic and career development matters such as choosing a course/major, course load, withdrawal/termination process, schedule adjustment, etc., including during college-wide registration events.
2. Provides general information about the college experience.
3. Assists with general advisement as needed.
4. Interviews prospective students and processes international student applications.
5. Makes appropriate referrals to outside agencies for resolution of student personal concerns.
6. Facilitates communication between students, faculty and other College staff in resolving participant issues.
7. Conducts orientations, workshops, small group sessions, and seminars for prospective and current students and College faculty and staff on issues relevant to the needs of language minority and international students.
8. Assists with testing and placement of ESL students.
9. Participates in orientation, open house and related college-wide events.
10. Participates in various retention initiatives.
11. Provides evening academic advisement support when applicable.
12. Comply with all safety, fire, and smoking regulations.
13. Complete all mandatory compliance and safety training as scheduled by Human Resources.
Perform all other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree.
2. Familiarity with the mission and goals of the Office of ESLI International Student Services.
3. Ability to work as a part of a cross-functional team in an innovative environment.
4. Willingness to continually learn, change, and innovate as College policies and/or customer demands require.
5. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with linguistically and culturally diverse populations.
Camden County College is one of the largest, most comprehensive community colleges in New Jersey and the surrounding region and is a vital resource for transfer education, workforce training, and cultural events. Its three distinct locations in Blackwood, Camden and Cherry Hill – along with its satellite locations in Lakeland, Sicklerville and elsewhere throughout the County – share the common mission of providing accessible, affordable higher education and occupational study to all who can benefit.The College also is recognized nationally as a leader in technology programs such as video game design/development and photonics. In addition, it is acknowledged for maintaining low tuition rates for many years. Perhaps most importantly, CCC is known for responding to the changing needs of the communities and students it serves by continuously updating its programs and services to support the economic development in this area and the professional and personal development of residents.