Director of Compliance and Student-Athlete Development
Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns
Location: LAFAYETTE, Louisiana
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
Internal Number: req 1730
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette Athletics Department is seeking a qualified Director of Compliance and Student-Athlete Development. This position reports directly to the Deputy Director of Athletics. The Director of Compliance and Student-Athlete Development is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations of the Compliance Office and will be responsible for leading initiatives/programming that directly impact the holistic development of student-athletes.
- Monitor activities in the areas of NCAA bylaws 11, 13, 16, and 17, including but limited to, unofficial/official visits, practice logs, camps/clinics, and complimentary ticket requests.
- Provide rules interpretations and education for coaches and staff
- Assist with rules-education for institutional administrators, athletic staff, coaches, student-athletes and boosters.
- Plan and execute all training and programming for student-athlete development initiatives, including Geaux Lead, Name, Image, and Likeness (NIL), and Title IX
- Serve as the administrative liaison and advisor for the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)
- In consultation with the Associate AD/Compliance, administer the distribution and reporting of the NCAA Student Assistance Fund
- Collaborate directly with Office of Career Services, Student Affairs, and Counseling and Testing Center to create opportunities for student-athletes
- Align campus resources and departments to provide student-athletes with opportunities to advance in career and professional development (e.g., career exploration, resume development, job shadowing, networking, professional dress, career fair, professional social media, mock interviews, etc.).
- In consultation with the Deputy Director of Athletics, work closely with the University’s Office for Campus Diversity, Title IX, and Office of Human Resources
- Coordinate department’s community service activities
- Coordinate and submit NCAA and SBC awards and postgraduate scholarship opportunities
- Lead department’s efforts in the annual Student-Athlete Awards Show
- Serve as ambassador of the University and its Athletic Department at all public entities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, public relations, interpersonal, customer service, and supervisory skills when working with student-athletes, faculty, staff, coaches, and administration. - Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others; commitment to working with multi-cultural populations. - Have strong work ethic and be a person of high integrity and character who shares a commitment for knowing and complying with NCAA, Conference, and Institutional rules as they apply to the University of Louisiana at Lafayette Athletics program. - Ability to work extended daily hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed. - Bachelor's degree (Master’s preferred) from a regionally accredited institution. - 2-3 years’ experience working in athletics at a college/university or comparable preferred.
The mission of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette is to offer exceptional education informed by diverse world views striving to develop innovative leaders who advance knowledge. The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges accredits the University, which offers undergraduates and graduates degrees in the arts, sciences, and professional programs. The University is a public research university with high research activity, an enrollment of over 18,000 students and 800 faculty members. UL Lafayette is the largest of nine universities in the University of Louisiana System. The University offers degree programs in 55 undergraduate disciplines, 15 post-bachelor certificates, seven graduate certificates, the master’s degree in 28 disciplines and the doctorate in 10 disciplines. Additional information about the University is available on the University webpage at http://louisiana.edu./
Located midway between New Orleans and Houston, Lafayette is the heart of Louisiana’s Acadian-Creole region. The city of over 126,000 is part of the Lafayette-Acadiana area, which has a total population of 616,000 and is one of Louisiana’s fastest-growing metropolitan area...s. Lafayette serves as the base of Louisiana’s offshore oil industry, as well as the financial, retail, and medical center for South-Central Louisiana.
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or disability in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its programs and activities as required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the Equal Pay Act of 1963, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Executive Order 11246, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Section 402 of the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistant Act of 1974 and 1990 Americans with Disabilities Act.-See more at http://personnel.louisiana.edu/employment-opportunities/policy-nondiscrimination