The Director of Player Development mentors and assists student-athletes with the transition into the college environment while ensuring player development needs are addressed and met. This position provides the student athletes a mentor/advocate who will directly impact the students' educational and learning experiences outside the classroom. This position provides educational support, training, and knowledge to the students to aid them in the management of their financial decision making. This position serves as the point of contact for student-athletes to disclose issues and/or concerns. Reporting to the Head Women's Basketball Coach, the individual serving in this position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
Student-Athlete Resource: - Help student-athletes with financial aid, academic support, and student-health. - Help student-athletes with the use of Teamworks and ACS.
Travel Planning: - Assist with planning and securing of hotel, buses, flight plans, and meals. - Assist with the proper filing and reporting of all coaches recruiting and travel information.
Team Functions: - Assist with the organization with the head coach for the end of season dinner for team and alumni weekend. - Assist in planning and organizing the annual banquet
- Coordinate community service with student development/head coach. Keep record of individual and team hours for community service. - Assist head coach in planning senior day, parent's day, Letter winner's day, etc.
- Assist assistant coaches with Kronos, Chrome River, facility cleanliness, team meals, recruiting visits, mail.
- Evaluating games, posting practice plans/announcements
- Responsible for communication with basketball staff for practices and games.
Video Coordinator: - Responsible for coordinating video/technology for all practices, home, and away contest. - Supervise student managers for video production.
Statistical Coordinator: - Responsible for coordinating all statistical analysis and providing coaches with information from Trackman, XOS, Rapsodo, and Synergy software.
- Liaison for all scouting video, data, and analytics.
- Build quality relationships and work collaboratively and professionally with Pirate Club, athletics, and University staff, students, business vendors and all donors and stakeholders. - Abide by all written policies and procedures of ECU, the Department of Athletics, The Educational Foundation (Pirate Club), the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and all applicable conferences or associations. - Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Women's Basketball Coach - Nights, weekends, holidays, extended hours, and travel are required in the performance of duties.
Special Instructions To Application:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Candidates must also submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae/resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online.
Official transcript required within 30 days of employment.
East Carolina University seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. In order to promote the university's diversity goal, the Athletics Department encourages applicants from women, minorities, and historically underrepresented groups.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- High school, collegiate or professional basketball playing, coaching, or employment experience required.
- Qualifying degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions and conferred by the time of hire.
Full time or Part time: Full Time
Position Location (city): Greenville
Position Number: 500280
Organizational Unit Overview:
The athletics department mission is to represent East Carolina University with distinction and create a challenging and supportive environment for student-athletes to excel in the classroom, in competition, and in life. We are committed to the highest standards of character, honesty, effort, and sportsmanship; respecting all people, their personal identities, differences and beliefs; and to provide a safe and equitable environment for student-athletes' academic, athletic and personal development. The highly visible athletics program is committed to NCAA compliance, comprehensive excellence and to be trustworthy stewards of the aspirations of our student-athletes, the resources we manage, the reputation of our University, and our mission of service.
To be a national model for student success, public service and regional transformation, East Carolina University uses innovative learning strategies and delivery methods to maximize access; prepares students with the knowledge, skills and values to succeed in a global, multicultural society; develops tomorrow's leaders to serve and inspire positive change; discovers new knowledge and innovations to support a thriving future for eastern North Carolina and beyond; transforms health care, promotes wellness, and reduces health disparities; and improves qualify of life through cultural enrichment, academics, the arts, and athletics. We accomplish our mission through education, research, creative activities, and service while being good stewards of the resources entrusted to us. East Carolina University delivers on the promise of opportunity. We open doors. We improve lives. We transform the present, and we discover the future. In these ways and more, we serve our community, our state, our nation and our world as together we reach toward our greatest potential. Tomorrow starts here.