Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its nine colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
The University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement plans; life insurance; short and long-term disability; employee assistance program (EAP); tuition remission; and generous time off.
Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
Department: Law School Admissions Office
Campus: Lincoln Center (LC) - NYC
The Assistant Director of Law School Admissions will be an admissions generalist responsible for social media, recruiting, file review and student ambassadors.
· Reports to the Director of Admissions;
· Member of committee that reviews a high volume of applicant files;
· Off-campus candidate recruitment; Admissions representative for the Law School at national and regional recruitment fairs and forums; and Substantial travel during the fall semester (September – November) – including weekend and evening commitments;
· Primarily responsible for maintaining correspondence with prospective students;
· Primarily responsible for maintaining recruitment calendar for all LSAC forms and Professional/Graduate Fairs;
· Primarily responsible for sustaining and growing the current student ambassador program and its engagement with admitted students;
· Primarily responsible for managing all social media outlets related to both prospective and admitted students;
· Supports Associate Director in hosting high profile Admitted Student Yield Events both off and on campus; and
· Undertakes special projects and responsibilities as needed by the Director and Associate Director of Admissions.
· Bachelor's degree
· Two years' experience in the student services environment or related area required
· Must be energetic, enthusiastic, detail oriented and able to work both independently and collaboratively
· Must possess superior communication skills to work effectively with diverse audiences and to promote Fordham's educational program to undergraduates, pre-law advisors, and others in the legal community,
· Due to nature of application review, must be able to maintain discretion and confidentiality through the review process
Special Instructions for Applicant:
No phone calls., please
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Fordham Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United kingdom.