Responsible for the supervision and oversight of all medical care and wellness programming of the Health and Wellness Center. The Director is tasked with developing campus wide health policies and aligning the efforts of the Health and Wellness Center, University Counseling and Psychological Services, and Health Advancement and Prevention Strategies. This coordination of efforts is inclusive of education, programming, training, outreach efforts and institutional messaging of Lehigh's health and wellness-related priorities. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. Design, manage and oversee all service delivery conducted by the Lehigh University Health and Wellness Center (HWC) in its effort to provide expert health care to Undergraduate and Graduate students *Ensure that clinicians perform histories and physical exams and record progress notes in medical record *Ensure that clinicians treat according to accepted standard of care and follow up appropriately *Ensure that all HWC staff keep current via continuing medical education *Oversee ancillary services such as labwork, x-rays and referral to specialists
2. Directs activities of Department or Unit *Plan strategically and set goals and action plans consistent with the University's academic mission and Student Affairs' foundational principles *Hire and retain clinical staff
3. Act as a health and wellness advocate and medical resource for the campus *Develop and enforce immunization requirement for all students and TB testing for new international students *Provide easy access to vaccines for students and flu vaccine for entire campus *Respond to campus health concerns in various ways, including proactively (serve on Radiation Safety Committee, Emergency Preparedness and Pandemic Committee) *Work with University Communications in cases of serious disease or outbreak *Collaborate at strategic and operational levels with the Health Advancement and Prevention Strategies (HAPS) Office *Work with Human Resources (HR) on policies for the campus
4. Set a campus-wide agenda to advance the health of Lehigh students through coordinated efforts of HWC, University Counseling and Psychological Services (UCPS) and HAPS offices *Determine priorities of student health and wellness issues *Develop and implement a high-level strategic plan with measurable goals and quantitative targets that fully coordinate all medical, counseling and advancement and prevention-related efforts *Link health and wellness goals to Lehigh strategic plans for student learning and personal development *Provide strategic input and collaboration with the HAPS Office and UCPS *Serve as a spokesperson for health and wellness-related efforts at Lehigh University
5. Engage a broad range of multidisciplinary partners to work together as a community to create a safe living and learning environment and health student body at Lehigh University *Advocate for a shared vision of health and well-being as the responsibility of all members of the campus community *Develop interdisciplinary campus partnerships that advance health related strategic plans
Grade: 13 - 40
Position Number: S88310
The duties of this position may allow the employee to work partially remote as deemed appropriate by the supervisor
This position works with minors
This position has fiscal or financial responsibilities other than employee expense activity, such as processing or approving transactions; monitoring or preparing budgets; or generating income for University
Period of High Volume/Workload or Overtime may be required - very busy in fall (athletic physicals) and during winter (cold and flu season), and unpredictable other times
Director assumes a backup role in the On-Call rotation for care providers (nights, weekends, breaks)
Master’s Degree in health-related field required; Doctoral Degree preferred
License to practice in PA required; Postgraduate training in Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Pediatrics or Emergency Medicine preferred; Board Certification preferred
Five to eight years related work experience
Experience in college health or in a closely related area of health care practice and administration
Supervisory experience preferred
Ability to make independent decisions
Ability to complete projects on time and on budget, and report on status and progress
Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and a high level of customer service required
Ability to build, foster and maintain positive professional relationships
Excellent organizational skills, time management, attention to detail and sound judgment
Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and a high degree of initiative for bringing tasks to completion
Solid analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills
Excellent computer skills with experience using word processing, spreadsheet and database software
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
All Lehigh faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated unless they receive an approved medical or religious exemption from the requirement.
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.