$17.31/hr. hourly rate pursuant to the FSU and CTA/MEA-NEA Agreement
Clerical-Technical Association (MEA-NEA)
Term of Position:
At Will/Just Cause:
Summary of Position:
Independently perform/coordinate non-routine support functions which may focus on a specialized area (s) of student services (such as Admissions, Financial Aid, Registration, etc.). Communicate and perform duties in a manner that provide excellent service and is responsive to customer needs.
Satisfactory completion of two years college or equivalent such as applicable military or business school training, or equivalent work experience.
Required Work Experience:
Three years of office experience. Experience in customer service. May require experience in network or software jobs and working with computer technical personnel to resolve programming difficulties.
Required Licenses and Certifications:
Additional Education/Experiences to be Considered:
• Knowledge of computerized student record/large database management system.
• Student services related work experience.
• Recommend and implement University procedures relating to specific area(s). • Independently prepare and analyze complex specialized reports. • Serve as department/University representative at campus committee meetings and at professional meetings. • Develop, implement and/or revise, accounting, and related office procedures. • Interview, hire, train, direct part-time employees. • Interview, direct and train lower-level bargaining unit employees. • Maintain in-depth knowledge of applicable state and federal laws and regulations and University policies and serve as a resource consultant for office staff and other internal and external customers. • Provide assistance in a variety of complex duties to recalculate and revise student awards, assist in student payment plan arrangements, recruit and establish third party contracts, serve as University liaison to various state and federal agencies, monitor and analyze billing processes, estimate financial aid, authorize payments and reconcile various reports and deposits, troubleshoot computer software and system issues, etc. • Assist with/coordinate special FSU programs and special activities to include development of invitation lists, room and catering reservations, program, and staff arrangements. • Compose and proofread correspondence, recruitment, and advertising materials. • Independently answer questions from a variety of internal and external sources. • Utilize various database techniques to input, send, retrieve, maintain, download, merge, research, analyze and interpret data.
• May be in charge of office area during short term absences of administrative staff. • Be cross trained in other specialized areas within the office. • Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to interview, hire, direct, and train lower-level employees. • Communicate effective with a diverse customer population. • Meet deadlines, demonstrate excellent organization and analytical skills. • Operate a variety of office machines and equipment. • Perform mathematical functions and advanced bookkeeping/accounting/recordkeeping with accuracy and attention to detail. • Plan, organize and make sound judgments and decisions. • Understand and maintain current knowledge of special terminology and regulations. • Use computer software and mainframe programs and systems. • Utilize the rules of proper grammar, correct spelling and punctuation, and proper arrangement of information.
Unofficial Transcript 1
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Initial Application Review Date:
January 26, 2022
Open Until Position is Filled?:
Posting Close Date:
January 27, 2022
Ferris State University, an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, is committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity within its community. Ferris offers employment opportunities to qualified candidates seeking careers in a student-focused environment that values opportunity, collaboration, diversity and educational excellence. Learn more about the Ferris Mission and community at ferris.edu. The University actively seeks applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and other underrepresented groups. For more information on the University’s Policy on Non-Discrimination, visit: Ferris Non-Discrimination Statement.
Ferris State University prepares students for successful careers, responsible citizenship, and lifelong learning. Through its many partnerships and its career-oriented, broad-based education, Ferris serves our rapidly changing global economy and society.