· Engage students, counselors, faculty, parents, and other stakeholders in order to provide information sessions related to college success and opportunities at Durham Tech;
· Work in collaboration with high school counselors and Career Development Counselors to identify and advise students regarding opportunities at Durham Tech, to include Career and College Promise;
· Work in collaboration with high school Career Development Coordinators and Career and Technical Education teachers to promote CTE degree options/careers and develop career plans;
· Participate in school-related activities in which Durham Tech can be promoted (parent nights, grade-level meetings, financial aid events);
· Advise prospective students through the recruitment and enrollment process (application, including program major and RDS, FAFSA, and RISE placement, ConnectSession, advising and registration);
· Maintain records for enrollment, tracking, and audit reporting purposes;
· Conduct orientations for CCP students at the beginning of each semester, as appropriate;
· Submit progress reports to Director, College Recruitment and High School Partnerships documenting progress and outcome data;
· Maintain quality partnerships with secondary school personnel in collaboration with the Director, College Recruitment and High School Partnerships;
· Collaborate with Enrollment Management Team to ensure college recruitment and enrollment goals are met;
· Participate in team meetings and professional development activities, as directed by the Director, College Recruitment and High School Partnerships;
· Other duties as assigned by the Director, College Recruitment and High School Partnerships; Vice President, Student Engagement, Development and Support Division; and President of the college.
The College Liaison is located in an assigned high school and visits other assigned high schools in Orange or Durham County. The Liaison works collaboratively with faculty and staff of Durham Tech and assigned high schools to promote and deliver a seamless educational transition process for high school students. The College Liaison is responsible for the coordination and implementation of student recruitment, enrollment plans, and strategies designed to increase high school graduate enrollment and student success at Durham Tech.
Bachelor's Degree preferably in an education-related field.