Purpose: This is one of eight (8) full time positions that operates as a team to administer all of the student financial aid programs for the College. The Financial Aid Office (FAO) supports the College by helping students access available and appropriate sources of financial aid to attain their educational goals, while at the same time, enabling the College to reach its enrollment goals. All staff in the FAO are responsible for assisting students and parents and processing Financial Aid applications. Staff members may be assigned to focus on a specific area of responsibility and may be asked to take on special projects.
Scope: This position has five key areas of accountability: 1. Providing high quality customer service to students who visit the FAO. 2. Verifying and Packaging of Title IV Funding 3. Contributing as a team member to the success of the FAO. 4. Maintaining the confidentiality of information submitted by students and their families. 5. Ensuring completeness and accuracy of student records.
Dimensions: 1. 70% of Mott students receive some form of financial assistance which represents over $40 million annually. 2. Approximately 5,000 students receive $16 million in Pell grants annually. 3. Approximately 4,000 students receive $22 million in Federal Student Loans annually.
As an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution, the College encourages diversity and provides equal opportunity in education, employment, all of its programs, and the use of its facilities. The College does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran's status, age, disability unrelated to an individual's ability to perform adequately, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. Title IX Coordinator Contact Information: 1401 E. Court St., Prahl College Center (PCC- 2030G), Flint, MI 48503, (810) 762-0024. Title II, ADA, Coordinator Contact Information: 1401 E. Court St., Curtice-Mott Complex (CM-1024), Flint, MI 48503, (810) 762-0373. Section 504 Coordinator Contact Information: 1401 E. Court St., Prahl College Center (PCC- 1130), Flint, MI 48503, (810) 762-0191.
1. Bachelors or equivalent experience (associates degree with three (3) years student services experience).
2. One (1) to three (3) year of financial aid experience or equivalent experience (finance, mortgage, retail management or similar).
3. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations and provide recommendations to apply appropriate changes to methods, procedures and processes.
4. Ability to calculate figures and amounts using basic algebraic concepts.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
1. Experience Administering Title IV funds
2. Audit and/or analytical work paper preparation experience
3. Experience with income tax preparation and an understanding of the tax code
4. Completion of NASFAA University credentials
5. Experience with collection of accounts
6. Datatel experience
7. Prior financial aid experience in the community college environment
The mission of Mott Community College is to provide high quality, accessible, and affordable educational opportunities and services that cultivate student success and individual development and improve the overall quality of life in a multicultural community.