Director of Graduate Student Recruitment and Admissions
Oregon State University
Location: Corvallis, Oregon
Internal Number: 105250
Internal Job Number: P04682UF
The College of Public Health and Human Sciences is seeking a Director of Graduate Student Recruitment and Admissions. This is a full-time 1.00 FTE, 12-month, professional faculty position.
The Director of Graduate Student Recruitment and Admissions is an integral member of the College leadership team responsible for directing, developing, and managing graduate student recruitment functions for the College of Public Health and Human Sciences nationally and internationally. The Director provides strategic leadership and direction for graduate student recruitment and admissions. Specifically, the Director:
· In conjunction with the dean of the college, actively engages in long-term strategic enrollment planning that includes quality, quantity, and diversity of new student enrollment profiles.
· Analyzes national and regional trends, as well as OSU enrollment patterns, to identify areas for potential market opportunities.
· Acts as the chief college liaison with University Marketing and Relations (URM) in developing and articulating market-based and market-responsive approaches to the recruitment of new students.
· Is responsible for meeting articulated goals with regard the number and type of students enrolled in graduate programs in the college (including multiple accredited programs and a new professional program).
· Leads the development, design, implementation, oversight, execution, and evaluation of graduate recruitment activities internal to OSU, such as the MPH Pathway program and the college's existing and proposed accelerated masters programs (AMP).
· Serves as chief liaison between the college and external and internal student markets and professional staff members in positions to advise prospective students.
· Engages in external outreach to businesses, NGOs, higher education institutions, government entities, and other external entities with the objectives of ultimately increasing the number of high-quality applicants enrolling into the college's graduate programs and identifying markets for new graduate programs in the college.
· Organizes and hosts college events locally and nationally (e.g., in conjunction with conferences, nationwide and global recruitment events, etc.) aimed at recruiting graduate students.
· Represents the college and its graduate programs to prospective students, applicants, and admits.
· Assesses current graduate student recruitment practices nationally, incorporating the latest research, techniques, and technologies into the college's annual graduate student recruitment plan.
· Manages and evaluates the graduate programs application processes.
· Manages and provides oversight of CPHHS graduate fellowship and scholarship opportunities.
This position is based in Corvallis with expected travel to other areas from which the college recruits graduate students. The Director fosters equity, inclusion, and an appreciation of diversity through responsibilities related to this position and within the framework of public health and human sciences. This position reports to the Associate Dean for Academic and Faculty Affairs (ADAFA).
Typically requires Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Journalism or related field. 2 years' experience as professional journalist or managing communications and marketing functions.
· Master's degree in higher educational administration, student development, or relevant field.
· At least 2 years of experience in graduate student marketing, recruitment, and/or admissions.
· Demonstrable commitment to actively promoting and enhancing an equitable, inclusive, diverse, and socially just organizational culture, and demonstrable intercultural competence, including experience working with diverse communities, such as students of color, LGBTQ students, international students, and other underrepresented student populations.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
Ability to analyze data to identify trends, gaps and opportunities.
· Demonstrable success leading efforts in graduate recruitment, admissions, marketing, strategic planning or a related field.
Working knowledge of current Microsoft Office software, relationship management software and other relevant tools.
· This position is designated as a critical or security-sensitive position; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a criminal history check and be determined to be position qualified as per OSU Standard 576-055-0000 et seq. Incumbents are required to self-report convictions and those in youth programs may have additional criminal history checks every 24 months.
This position requires driving a university vehicle or a personal vehicle on behalf of the university; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a motor vehicle history check, possess and maintain a current, valid driver's license in their state of residence, be determined to be position qualified and self-report convictions as per University Policy 05-030.
Some nights/weekends may be required.
Use of social media platforms may dictate work on mobile devices outside of normal business hours.
Domestic and international travel for the purposes of marketing and recruitment will be required both within and outside Oregon to schools, graduate fairs, professional conferences, etc.
Oregon State is a leading research university located in one of the safest, smartest, greenest small cities in the nation. Situated 90 miles south of Portland, and an hour from the Cascades or the Pacific Coast, Corvallis is the perfect home base for exploring Oregon?s natural wonders.Oregon State University has always been a place with a purpose ? making a positive difference in quality of life, natural resources and economic prosperity in Oregon and beyond. Through discovery, innovation and application, we are meeting challenges, solving problems and turning ideas into reality.Founded in 1868, Oregon State is the state?s Land Grant university and is one of only two universities in the U.S. to have Sea Grant, Space Grant and Sun Grant designations. Oregon State is also the only university in Oregon to hold both the Carnegie Foundation's top designation for research institutions and its prestigious Community Engagement classification.As Oregon?s leading public research university, with $261.7 million in external funding in the 2011 fiscal year, Oregon State?s impact reaches across the state and beyond. With 12 colleges, 15 Agricultural Experiment Stations, 35 county Extension offic...es, the Hatfield Marine Sciences Center in Newport and OSU-Cascades in Bend, Oregon State has a presence in every one of Oregon?s 36 counties, with a statewide economic footprint of $2.06 billion.Oregon State welcomes a diverse student body of over 26,000 students from across Oregon, all 50 states and more than 100 countries. They can choose from more than 200 undergraduate and more than 80 graduate degree programs, including over 30 degrees online offered through Oregon State Ecampus. Oregon State increasingly attracts high-achieving students, with nationally recognized programs in areas such as conservation biology, agricultural sciences, nuclear engineering, forestry, fisheries and wildlife management, community health, pharmacy and zoology.Oregon State also ranks high in sustainability, fourth among universities nationwide for using renewable energy and first in the Pac-12 Conference. And our students literally help power the university: 22 exercise machines at Oregon State University has always been a place with a purpose ? making a positive difference in quality of life, natural resources and economic prosperity in Oregon and beyond. Through discovery, innovation and application, we are meeting challenges, solving problems and turning ideas into reality. For more information visithttp://www.ohsu.edu/xd/about/index.cfm.The 400-acre main campus in Corvallis includes a Historic District, making Oregon State one of only a handful of U.S. university campuses listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The district includes such icons as Weatherford Hall, the Memorial Union and Benton Hall, the oldest building on the oldest building on campus.OSU commits to inclusive excellence by advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.