1. Exercise leadership in supporting and implementing the goals and objectives of the division by providing proactive administrative support to the VPSAA and other professional staff within the office.
2. Participate in the development of systems and procedures, which contribute to the efficient operation of the office. Respond to questions and concerns expressed by students and parents, by telephone or in person, resolving problems where possible and referring people to the appropriate offices. Schedule appointments and conference calls for the vice president and other professional staff members housed in the vice president's office complex. Process incoming and outgoing mail.
3. Provide administrative oversight for the Early Alert/Student Conduct database and assist the student affairs staff with the overall operation of the student conduct system. Process incoming reports, run conduct and sanction reports, create and update cases, prepare agendas for BIT meetings, send hearing correspondence, create and send parent notification letters and ensure the maintenance/upkeep of student files.
4. Plan and assist in the correspondence between the vice president for student affairs and athletics to North Central College students, faculty, staff and community members. Draft correspondence as necessary. In consultation with VPSAA, develop a schedule of annual and monthly correspondence as well as maintain regular correspondence with students, parents, faculty and staff on particular subjects. Facilitate communication with students, faculty and administrative offices regarding student emergencies and crisis situations. Keep records of complaints and their resolution.
5. Schedule divisional and departmental, and one-on-one meetings. Arrange locations, correspond with attendees and arrange for special set-ups, catering, and equipment. Attend meetings, coordinate logistics, take notes and communicate results with attendees. Manage the scheduling for the conference room in the Student Affairs office suite.
6. Coordinate employee searches, for the division of Student Affairs and Athletics. Coordinate aspects of training for new employees, including but not limited to, new staff paperwork, new staff training schedules, training manuals, and division organizational charts.
7. Hire, train, schedule, supervise and direct the work of the student office assistants. Provide regular feedback to student workers to develop their skills and confidence and to ensure high quality service for all who interact with the office.
8. Assist with the ongoing upkeep and development of the student affairs and athletics portions of the College's website. As directed, review pages, update pages and develop additional pages.
9. Coordinate large divisional projects, offer administrative support to other offices/areas in the division during busy times and fill in during times of staff shortages in other parts of the student affairs and athletics division.
10. Other related duties as appropriately assigned.
A high bachelor's degree is required. Additional training in office operations, particularly involving computer applications and data analytics, is preferred. In lieu of a degree, applicants with a minimum of (8) years of the equivalent combination of training and work experience in an administrative capacity or office environment will be considered.
At least two years of experience in administrative work, particularly where dealing with the public and detailed planning of events are involved, is preferred. Experience within an institution of higher education preferred.
Responsible for overall administrative support to the vice president for student affairs and athletics, other professional staff members housed in the vice president's office complex and/or other staff members as assigned.
Internal Number: 8462
About North Central College
North Central College, founded in 1861, is a selective, comprehensive liberal arts institution of 3000 students located 28 miles west of Chicago in Naperville, within walking distance of the Naperville Metra station. For information about the College, please visit the website at https://www.northcentralcollege.edu.