Responsible for providing administrative support to the Graduate Program in Electrical and Computer Engineering Department in the Rossin College of Engineering. The Coordinator will work with the Department Chair and the Director of Graduate Studies and be involved with the primary function of graduate admissions and all aspects of graduate program operations. The holder of this position coordinates Graduate Student affairs including admissions, financial support documents, payroll, statistics, and recruitment.
1. Graduate Application Administration *Processes preliminary applications and notifies applicants of pre-application decisions *Administers CollegeNet (website that accepts Graduate Student Applications) *Processes applications into the data system, create cover sheet(s) for committee *Notifies applicants of missing documents *Submits completed applications to Graduate Admissions Committee *Monitors applicants who have not responded to acceptance letters *Creates and maintains files for all applications *Submits applicable international student information to the Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) and to the English as a Second Language (ESL) office along with ESL requirements needed by applicant *Prepares applications for faculty recruiting potential supported students *Reviews applications for potential students requesting fee waivers and notifies eligible students *Monitors and recruits potential students through the new GEM Consortium (https://advance.cc.lehigh.edu/content/lehigh-joins-gem-consortium); reviews applicants, identifies graduate candidates and invites potential students to apply to Lehigh *Prepares decision letters and notifies applicants of acceptance and rejections
2. Graduate Program Coordination *Coordinates correspondence with Graduate, Curriculum and Advisory Committees *Prepares graduate student and financial statistics for each semester *Provides updated course descriptions and enrollment information for faculty and graduate students *Collects nominations for various college level fellowships and completes data entry in CollegeNet *Collects financial information from faculty needed for financial support consideration *Provides payroll information for teaching assistantships and departmental graduate assistantships *Prepares and processes the graduate student financial support letters and collects tuition award forms *Prepares payroll assignment forms and payroll assignment confirmation and change forms for supported students *Reviews accounts to ensure sufficient funding is available for various support offered to graduate students *Completes and processes tuition remission for Department *Prepares and gathers W-4s, Local Residency and Earned Income Tax forms for domestic students *Compiles data and completes graduate student surveys *Coordinates and prepares agendas for prospective graduate student visits *Prepares department financial reports for teaching assistants and fellowship assignments *Advises graduate students on petitions and forms *Assists the Distance Education Faculty Coordinator with the distance education curriculum and students *Promotes the growth of the Distance Education Program *Provides department support for the graduate accreditation process
3. Graduate program advertising and recruitment *Recruits potential domestic doctoral students for the PhD College Recruiting event, organizes the department schedule in conjunction with the Graduate Faculty *Oversees the department's GEM recruitment process and outreach to GEM applicants *Advertises and distributes department graduate program information to Universities for recruitment purposes *Collaborates with the Dean's office marketing department to maintain and update the department's graduate program website *Advises current Lehigh undergraduates on continuing with graduate school *Reviews options and procedures to reserve classes for graduate degrees, register for 400 level courses as an undergraduate and degree options for graduate school; compiles a preliminary plan of action for future MS or PhD degree
4. Coordinates Preregistration, Registration and Orientation *Coordinates department orientation and prepares orientation packets *Prepares and sends registration information, including orientation and training session information to all incoming and onboard students and faculty each semester *Prepares orientation presentation materials for Faculty Graduate Coordinator *Provides forms, PINS, overrides, etc. to students to complete registration *Coordinates distribution of departmental information (degree program guidelines, course descriptions, long-range plan of courses, ESL and Test of Pedagogical Speaking Skills (TOPSS) and International English Language Testing System (IETLTS) exam information, etc.) *Reviews graduate students' registrations each semester to ensure that students are fulfilling degree requirements and completing timelines *Monitors grades and appropriate paperwork while updating and advising students on progress and future course action needed *Ensures international students are compliant with University and federal guidelines *Assists students preparing for General Exam, Proposal and Defense *Provides parking services a list of students and their positions each semester
5. Graduate Student Coordination *Creates and maintains student mailboxes, manages lockers and office space *Issues key requests and building access *Disseminates information regarding potential job opportunities *Provides and processes appropriate Graduate Student forms *Provides information and reminders for graduation (prepare defense announcements, send notifications to faculty and students, distribute important graduation dates and information, collects theses for final approval, prepare removal of incompletes for faculty, etc.) *Schedules and disseminates TOPSS testing information *Updates student files each semester as well as Alumni Graduate List *Advises Lehigh undergraduates interested in graduate school *Gathers teaching assistantship and departmental graduate assistantship information collects resumes and CVs and monitors the graduate student survey for TA positions and graduate information *Maintains student seminar attendance records and periodically notifies students regarding seminar requirement *Co-supervises work study student
6. Course Inventory Management (CIM) and Catalog department contact *Initiates and assists the faculty, undergraduate and graduate committees with course and curriculum changes in the CIM system *Provides data entry support and communication with appropriate departments *Coordinates the catalog revisions
Position Number: S78900
This position has fiscal or financial responsibilities other than employee expense activity, such as processing or approving transactions; monitoring or preparing budgets; or generating income for University
The duties of the position do not allow for a remote work option; the employee in this position will be required to work on campus where they can be fully accessible to the Lehigh community. However, this position may have the ability to work partially from home as deemed appropriate by their supervisor.
Will often be required to see, hear, talk, stand, sit and walk
Associate’s or Vocational/Technical Degree in Business Administration, Communications or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience; Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications or Data Analytics preferred
Three to five years related work experience
Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and a high level of customer service required
Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and a high degree of initiative for bringing tasks to completion
Solid writing ability, attention to detail and organizational skills
Ability to build, foster and maintain positive professional relationships
Excellent computer skills with experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software
Good analytical and decision-making skills
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Internal Number: 499646
About Lehigh University
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.