Primarily responsible for leading strategic plan development, facilitating strategic initiative execution, and producing key reports. In close coordination with the Chancellor and other key College officials, assists in the execution of the College's Strategic Plan, including monitoring, tracking, and reporting of all initiatives and College key performance metrics. Assists with development and reporting of annual Chancellor's Goals; supports successful completion of goal projects. Leads the College's process improvement and continuous improvement efforts. Provides strategic planning assistance to the College's units and Foundation in a collaborative manner as requested. Works with the College's functional area staff to assist in promoting the College in the St. Louis market. Exercises authority consistent with Board Policies, Administrative Procedures and applicable federal and state mandates in the administration of these programs and services.
· Serves as a member of the Leadership Team. Responsible for administering and interpreting the policies and procedures of the College as they relate to the execution of Strategic Plan projects.
· Provides the overall coordination and logistics for Strategic Plan and Chancellor's Goals development and execution by working with other Leadership Team members in the development, implementation, and evaluation of strategic plan initiatives. Assists the Chancellor in defining initiatives that meet the needs of students, businesses, agencies, and community groups.
· Assists the Chancellor in the identification of best practices for continuous quality improvement (CQI), and in defining the best approach for the College. Leads project management and process improvement efforts for the multi-year, college wide Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award application project.
· Assists the Chancellor in the further development of a one College concept by working closely with all College officials, including the Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs and the Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs, to coordinate College wide efforts and reduce existing silos among departments.
· Works closely in coordinating efforts with Academic Affairs and Student Affairs campus leadership, along with other College leadership, to advance campus initiatives. · Assists the Chancellor and LT members with project management for ad-hoc strategic and/or confidential projects as needed.
· Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Master's degree in Business, Education or Public Administration
Seven (7) years of relevant full-time experience including five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in the areas of project management, college strategic planning and/or quality improvement systems implementation/management required.
Ten+ years of relevant full-time experience at an institution of higher education
Open Until Filled: Yes
Quick Link: 11140
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This Position will be located at the Corporate College Campus:
STLCC has provided opportunity for all. As the largest higher educational institution in the region, STLCC has served more than 1.2 million students. Over 50% of households in the St. Louis area are represented in our former and current student body. Since 1962, St. Louis Community College has held fast to the fundamental belief that education has the power to lift us up — as individuals, as communities and as a city.
Today, STLCC consistently ranks among the top associate degree-awarding institutions in the United States. As we launch students into new and better careers, four-year degrees and richer lives, we strengthen St. Louis one student at a time. The College employs 1,400+ full-time faculty and staff and 2,300+ part-time faculty and staff