The Alpha Chi Omega Property Manager is a full-time staff member of the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life who is responsible for the quality of living in a sorority house at the University of South Carolina. Primary duties include supervision of staff, maintenance and facility operations, residential program development and implementation, crisis management and student support. The Property Manager is responsible for working with local advisers and a national house corporation.
Primary duties include:
· Establish and maintain vendor relationships for procurement of all goods and services
· Complete safety and security- related administrative tasks
· Assist in recruitment, hiring, and training all facility employees including but not limited to kitchen staff and housekeeping staff.
· Ensure that effective crisis management procedures are in place, reviewed and practiced
· Promote an inclusive and welcoming environment that celebrates an appreciation for diversity within the house.
· Serve as a resource for all chapter members regarding campus support services and services in the local community.
· Represent student needs by following up on their concerns and questions promptly and personally, and communicate specific issues to your supervisor or other appropriate offices
· Serve as an effective liaison between university/fraternity/sorority members and the House Corporations and external constituents such as alumni. Maintain timely and open communication with the House Corporation board members and other advisors.
Advertised Minimum Qualifications :
Master's degree in Student Personnel Services, Higher Education, Counseling or related degree from an accredited institution and one year related experience or bachelor's degree and three years' related experience required. This position has been designated as essential personnel during inclement / hazardous weather and other emergencies. In addition, this position requires a variable work schedule. Evening and weekend hours will be required.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Internal Number: 100903
About The University of South Carolina
The University of South Carolina System is comprised of the state’s flagship university in Columbia (founded in 1801 and currently one of the top 50 “Best Colleges” according to U.S. News and World Report), three regional comprehensive universities (USC Aiken, USC Beaufort and USC Upstate), and Palmetto College consisting of four two-year campuses (USC Lancaster, USC Salkehatchie, USC Sumter, USC Union and Fort Jackson/Extended University). Together, the USC System institutions offer more than 450 degree programs on campus and online and are uniquely positioned to meet the state’s educational, cultural, health and research needs. The System employs nearly 14,000 people who work daily to improve the lives of students, fellow South Carolinians and the world. Our diverse engaged faculty and staff enjoy a dynamic and intellectually stimulating work environment.