About Northeastern: Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locationsin Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahantare nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs in a variety of on-campus and online formatslead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity: Under the direction of the Associate Director of Club Sports & eSports, the Coordinator of Club Sports is responsible for assisting with the development and administration of a comprehensive Club Sport program, assisting with the management of Carter Playground, and assisting with the administration of the eSports program. Northeastern University has some of the most competitive Club Sports Teams in New England supporting over 50 competitive teams, and is one of the largest Club Sport programs in the U.S.
Responsibilities: This position supports the Associate Director of Club Sports & eSports with the oversight of all aspects of the Club Sports program, including development, operations, administration, strategic planning initiatives, and ensuring compliance to regulations, policies and procedures. This position will also provide coordination on event programming, oversee participation administration, recruitment and serve as an ambassador and advocate for all eSport and Club Sport programs. The Coordinator will assist the Assistant Director on all marketing, compliance and branding initiatives for the department. They will also assist with the supervision and management of the Carter Playground including operations and staffing, training, developing new policies and operations procedures. The Coordinator provides day-to-day leadership on any projects assigned by the Associate Director of Club Sports & eSports and will serve as a supervisor of student employees, club coaches, professional interns and temporary non-student employees for eSports, Club Sports and Carter Playground. Required to work on pre-determined weekends covering events throughout a calendar year, some evenings and early mornings, and during inclement weather.
Qualifications: - Minimum of 1 year of successful experience in Club Sports administration, website development and event operations
- Requires 24-hour response availability seven days per week for emergency situations (designees are also available)
- Ability to adapt to learning in-house systems of management/logistics/ and robust/integrated daily operations of programs/facilities
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Budget management experience and proficiency.
- Lifting equipment ranging from 10lbs.- 400lbs. is required, with assistance from others or from machinery.
- Team-oriented, self-directed, individual with strong detail orientation, organizational and reprioritization skills. Ability to manage/lead with a variety of situations when working across an organization's many functional areas. Communicate with clarity, tact and diplomacy with a variety of people on the phone and in meetings, and when dealing with the public/external constituents. Work independently or within a team focused environment, meeting deadlines and handling/taking ownership of multiple projects simultaneously
Preferred Qualifications: - Master's degree in recreation management, sports administration, higher education administration or related field
- Experience developing student management models, grounded in student development theory.
- Human resource administration experience.
- Knowledge of national trends in university eSport programs and skill to implement within the Northeastern University culture Supervising student & temporary non-student employees.
Salary Grade: 09
Additional Information: Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Founded in 1898, Northeastern University is a private research university located in the heart of Boston. Northeastern is a leader in worldwide experiential learning, urban engagement, and interdisciplinary research that meets global and societal needs. Our broad mix of experience-based education programs?our signature cooperative education program, as well as student research, service learning, and global learning?build the connections that enable students to transform their lives. The University offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs leading to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools.