Union County College is a public comprehensive community college providing quality, affordable, accessible educational programs that serve the greater Union County region. It is the oldest of New Jerseys 19 Associate Degree Colleges, serving both career-minded and transfer-oriented students since 1933. The College enrolls almost 30,000 credit, non-credit and continuing education students and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Many programs lead to the Associate in Arts, Science and Applied Science degrees.
The Student Service Associate is the initial contact with students seeking entry into the college and with existing students seeking services. The Associate will provide guidance and direction; therefore she/he must be fully familiar with every aspect of student services that a prospective or current student may utilize.
This position provides professional administrative support services for the College Life/Athletics Department and will assist staff with a variety of special events and programs. This position is also responsible for helping oversee the function of the office and student workers to help the office to run smoothly.
Characteristics, Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supports Student Service Generalists and Specialists in performance of their duties as it relates to programming (i.e.: Financial Aid Literacy workshops, New Student Orientation).
· Provides administrative support to the college Life/Athletics Department.
· Provides support for associated activities including daily tasks and projects.
· Provides assistance with the management of New Jersey Campus Compact and the National Society of Leadership and Service, including facilitating/ leading workshops, tracking student's progress, and administrative task.
· Supports, creates and coordinates campus programming, events, and community service opportunities on all three campuses.
· Assists in creating statistical reports, surveys, and other records to assess accomplishments, appropriate student learning outcomes, and departmental needs.
· Provides support with major college-wide events such as Commencement and New Student Orientation.
· Provides assistance with fall and spring
Internal Number: 7206
About Union County College
Union County College is a public, comprehensive community college providing quality, affordable, and accessible education programs that serve the greater Union County region. It is the oldest of New Jersey’s 19 community colleges, serving both transfer-oriented students and career-minded students since 1933. The College enrolls almost 30,000 credit, non-credit and continuing education students and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Many programs lead to the Associate in Arts, Science and Applied Science degree. Union is a Hispanic-Serving Institution.