· Demonstrate ability to work both remotely and in-person in a fast-paced environment with a strong attention to detail.
· Provide exceptional customer service over the phone, email, chat, virtual meetings and face-to-face to students and their families.
· Analyze, explain and advise on all aspects of financial aid to students and families.
· Receive and process student paper work using multiple forms of computer/office equipment while ensuring accurate data management.
· Actively and comprehensively problem solve while assisting students, parents, and staff with questions concerning the financial aid process and general WCC procedures.
· Attend financial aid meetings and workshops as approved by the Director of Financial Aid.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Combination of remote and on-campus – the successful candidate must have internet access and the appropriate technologies needed to successfully perform all duties of the position and meet expectations and deadlines.
· Fast-paced and high-demand.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Equivalent of two (2) years full time successful work experience with one (1) year of customer service experience.
· Must be responsible, dependable, attentive to detail, and resourceful.
· Possess and demonstrate a “can do” attitude and a willingness to learn in a rapidly changing environment.
· Must have excellent data entry skills including accurate input of data.
· Ability to work in a high demand and fast paced environment.
· Ability to organize own workload and to work independently both in office and remotely.
· Possess conflict resolution skills and experiences.
· Ability to appropriately handle confidential matters.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills to deal effectively with the various community and college publics.
· Ability to use internet browsers, email and web searches.
· Ability in English usage and spelling, basic math, proofreading, filing and telephone etiquette.
· Ability to work some evenings until 7:00pm and occasional Saturday shifts.
· Demonstrated ability in various computer applications and operating systems, which may include Microsoft Office, Google, Zoom, GoToMeeting, etc.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
· College credits.
· Experience with computer operation on a Client/Server system.
Internal Number: PL2999
About Washtenaw Community College - WCC
For over 50 years, WCC's open-door admissions policy, affordable tuition rates, and high-quality classes have attracted students from local communities and around the world. More than 18,000 register for credit classes each year, and thousands more enroll in non-credit LifeLong Learning classes. WCC's diverse student body includes more than 1,000 students from over 100 foreign countries.WCC's small classes allow for lots of individual attention. The average class size is 22 students. That's a fraction of the size of many basic classes at four-year colleges and universities.WCC also emphasizes convenience. It offers classes seven days a week, at night, and online. And transferring is easy because WCC has agreements with four-year schools throughout Michigan.