As part of the Pine Technical and Community College's commitment to student success and ongoing institutional effectiveness, this position is responsible for: developing, implementing, communicating, and evaluating a comprehensive plan aimed at increasing student persistence and academic access, leading to higher levels of retention and graduation. This position is also responsible for facilitating the effort to educate and advocate for diversity, equity, and affirmative action for students and employees as part of the college's efforts to create an environment of inclusiveness and respect for all people.
Responsibilities and Results: 1. Student Persistence and Success – Develop, communicate, interpret, and implement campus efforts and processes to effectively impact college and individual student persistence and retention efforts. o Research current trends, evaluate student persistence and retention data, and develop processes that support student persistence and success. o Design, implement, and evaluate interventions for at-risk students, such as the academic early alert system, and students on warning and probation. o Develop systems, maintain and evaluate statistical data on the effectiveness of retention initiatives. o Develop systems maintain and evaluate the College's co-curricular learning outcomes. o Participate, as a member of the Student Success team in new student orientation events.
2. Provide academic advising to continuing students utilizing knowledge of current curriculum, tutorial services, financial aid, and community resources to help students reach their educational goals. o Meet with students individually or in groups on a regular basis to monitor academic progress and facilitate students' development of educational goals, academic success strategies, and course planning through intentional advising. o Facilitate and encourage use of student services areas, e-services and online resources, DARS, and academic/career planning resources/materials with students. o Address advising concerns with specific populations including; first generation, culturally diverse students, students with disabilities, single parents, displaced workers, Veterans, ESOL, and non-traditional students.
3. Coordinate and provide services to enrolled students with documented disabilities o Coordinate a process through admissions to identify students who may be eligible for accessibility and accommodation services. o Research, develop and maintain an accessibility and accommodation services program for students with significant educational barriers. o Provide reasonable accommodations to eligible students with disabilities; request, review, and maintain documentation of the disability, provide initial screening, develop accommodation plan and actively manage student caseload. o Ensure the delivery of accommodations for students with documented disabilities, such as interpreter services, note taking, reader services, test taking, supplemental materials, environmental modifications, etc. o Purchase and maintain adaptive equipment and train students and staff in its use. o Using ISRS, track and record disability services provided in accordance to PTCC and Minnesota State policies.
4. Coordinate professional development for faculty and staff regarding new or revised instructional materials, strategies and techniques for working with students with disabilities. o Disseminate disability related information to improve access to services and educational opportunities. o Serve as the contact person for Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), and remain current on changing laws and trends that affect disability services in higher education.
5. Serves as the college's Campus Diversity Officer o Facilitate the work of the Equity and Inclusion Committee. o Serve as the campus liaison with System Office and other Campus Diversity Officers, in consultation with campus leadership. o Coordinate, implement, and evaluate campus-wide awareness campaigns. o Document campus-wide equity and inclusion efforts and report to campus leadership and System Office as requested.
6. Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the smooth function of the college and maintain the reputation of the college as a viable community partner.
o Bachelor's in related field: or Associates degree with two years of relevant experience. o Demonstrated decision making skills along with the ability to communicate and collaborate with others to successfully meet established goals. o Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in supporting high-risk populations from diverse backgrounds. o Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply governing standards. o Exceptional interpersonal communication skills and conflict management. o Ability to work both independently and work effectively in a team environment. o Experience with project development, execution, and management. o Proficiency with a variety of word processing, database and web-based applications sufficient to accurately collect data and create reports. o Ability to analyze, interpret and communicate complex data sets.
o Two or more years of experience working within higher education, in a student services role. o Experience with a student record system; as well as other data and communication tools (EPM11, etc.). o Knowledge of private data practices and FERPA. o Knowledge of higher education organization, processes, and priorities. and procedures pertaining to student data privacy and admissions.
Pine Technical & Community College is a vibrant, comprehensive college and community resource for extraordinary education, empowering learners and honoring the needs of those we serve.
Benefits are offered in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement. Information about insurance benefits may be found at https://mn.gov/mmb/segip/benefits/.
Desired Start Date: 07/01/2021
Internal Number: 1470
About Pine Technical College
Pine Technical College is smaller and friendlier, but we offer technology programs unique to Minnesota and the nation. We are true to our promise of personal service to our students, but our campus is more ?wired' and electronic than most universities. We feature high technology alongside traditional trades. Pine Technical College is an excellent place to work. The College is an equal opportunity employer and employs individuals based on job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, age or other protected characteristics.