The Registrar position supports Pine Technical and Community College's mission, vision, and values by managing and providing leadership to student records and academic processes and policies. These processes include application processing, registration, degree audit reports (DARS), graduation, college reporting, satisfactory academic progress and document retention. The Registrar translates college policies and practices into efficient, timely and well-coordinated operations, while offering responsive service to students, faculty, staff and the general public. This position serves as the chief officer for student academic records, data privacy, and data integrity at Pine Technical and Community College (PTCC).
Responsibilities and Results: 1. Provide leadership and direct the daily operations of records and registration at PTCC. Develop and coordinate processes related to records and registration with a focus on data integrity, customer service, and efficiency, while ensuring compliance with governing standards. Ensure continuous quality improvement by initiating changes to policy, procedures, and the use of technologies. Communicate with the college community regarding policy matters, changes in procedures, changes in technologies and requests for information.
2. Oversee and streamline processes surrounding the student registrations, student information system and document retention system, with the goal of maximizing enrollment, retention, and graduation rates. Establish and maintain student records systems relative to class schedules, grade reports, transcripts, etc. Compile student records and statistics, and within authorized guidelines, report appropriate information to agencies and external constituents. Resolve student information systems issues with the Minnesota State System.
3. Manage the PTCC graduation process, oversee the graduation evaluation, communicate with students on graduation requirements, and issue of certificates and diplomas to students in a timely manner.
4. Responsible for campus Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) process, including the generation, verification, and dissemination of SAP reports. Coordination of student SAP communication.
5. Serves as the Data Practices Compliance Office for student records and oversees data integrity ensuring compliance with FERPA and MGDPA. Oversee college records retention policy and process in accordance with accepted norms and regulations.
6. Perform other duties as assigned in support of enrollment management and college-wide operations. Serve on committees and work groups including Academic Affairs Standards Council, the SAP committee, Graduation committee, and other relevant committees and task forces. Represent the college at Minnesota State Registrar meetings. Assist with enrollment activities, new student orientation and college events.
Bachelor's in related field: or Associates degree with two years of relevant experience.
Proficiency with a variety of word processing, database and web-based applications sufficient to accurately collect data and create reports.
Extensive knowledge of college courses and programs including and understanding of course descriptions, syllabi, and other academic resources.
Knowledge and skills related to transfer equivalency and credit for prior learning.
Ability to interpret and understand complicated state and federal regulations to translate into advising procedures and processes.
Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
Professional experience in the application and integration of educational policies, procedures, and practices; customer/student service standards; and continuous quality improvement methods.
Demonstrate knowledge of and share the college's interest in diverse cultures and populations.
General knowledge of data privacy laws.
Professional and administrative skills including critical thinking, problem solving and process planning.
Ability to manage schedules effectively, work on multiple projects and meet established deadlines.
Two or more years of experience working within higher education, in a student services role.
Extensive knowledge of state and federal regulatory laws such as Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and MN Governmental Data Privacy Act (MGDPA).
Computer skills sufficient to navigate software programs including, but not limited to Word, Excel, Access, Perceptive Content/imaging, etc.
Experience with a student record system; as well as other data and communication tools.
Pine Technical & Community College is a vibrant, comprehensive college and community resource for extraordinary education, empowering learners and honoring the needs of those we serve.
Benefits are offered in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement. Information about insurance benefits may be found at https://mn.gov/mmb/segip/benefits/.
Desired Start Date: 09/01/2021
Internal Number: 1471
About Pine Technical College
Pine Technical College is smaller and friendlier, but we offer technology programs unique to Minnesota and the nation. We are true to our promise of personal service to our students, but our campus is more ?wired' and electronic than most universities. We feature high technology alongside traditional trades. Pine Technical College is an excellent place to work. The College is an equal opportunity employer and employs individuals based on job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, age or other protected characteristics.