1. Coordinate day-to-day clerical activities of the Wellness Center office, including greeting persons visiting the Dyson Wellness Center, providing accurate information, assisting in completing relevant electronic and paper forms, procuring needed records, scheduling appointments, directing to other staff members as appropriate, and managing the flow of the office.
2. Respond to telephone and in person contacts by responding appropriately to confidential situations to protect client right to privacy, providing accurate and timely information, referring to appropriate personnel, taking messages when needed, and recording all contacts as they occur. There is a supreme need for confidentiality in each situation that is handled in the Wellness Center. Sensitivity to clients' needs and concerns is paramount.
3. Process electronic medical and counseling records in a timely manner, maintaining the flow of patients/clients, updating critical components, scanning documents and adding to electronic files.
4. Primary lead in COVID-19 related administrative tasks including surveillance testing communication, tracking, and support.
5. Revise/update the website to maintain current and accurate information.
6. Act in the capacity of claims administrator by assisting students as needed with all aspects of filing claims with the NCC student insurance claims, reviewing claim forms for completeness and accuracy, assembling necessary components, preparing cover letters, and keeping copies and all related records.
7. Support programming and events by helping to arrange for presenters, book space, schedule, advertise, and room set-up. Coordinate and arrange for staff travel.
8. Perform a variety of tasks which support the office operation such as: preparing purchase orders, making copies, scanning and faxing, projects such as preparing training binders, maintaining budget records in the file and on Excel spreadsheets, posting medication and laboratory charges to students' accounts, designing and updating forms, calculating statistics, and preparing statistical reports. Manage and process mail.
9. Track and process all billing for the Center and Center staff. Assist in tracking student compliance with mandatory education and immunizations.
10. Enter data and obtain information on North Central College's Colleague system and obtain knowledge/training to keep current.
11. Enter data and obtain information from the Titanium Schedule software used for counseling and medical records and receive training to learn system and keep current.
12. Participate in logistical activities such as delivering materials to and picking up materials from the print shop, mailroom, storage areas, and other locations.
13. Perform related duties and tasks as appropriately assigned.
An associate's degree or equivalent work experience is required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Experience in an office environment that involves frequent contact with outside persons is required. A minimum of two (2) years in an administrative support role required. Experience within an institution of higher education preferred. Excellent computer skills are essential. Medical/Counseling office experience is desirable. Strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Excel. Experience with and/or ability to learn quickly: Outlook, Titanium Schedule electronic health records system, Colleague and Maxient (student data management systems).
Licenses or Certifications:
A valid driver's license is preferred.
The primary purpose of the Administrative Assistant is to serve as the main contact for the Dyson Wellness Center, providing calm, sensitive, accurate, and confidential communication with students, staff/faculty, DWC medical, counseling and advocacy staff, graduate assistant and other student workers such as Peer Health Educators. This individual will also provide all administrative support to the Wellness Center office and staff members with a primary focus and leadership of COVID-19 related tasks such as surveillance testing administrative work. The successful individual will oversee the day-to-day clerical support operations for the office.
Employed on a year-round basis with a standard work week of 40 hours generally between Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, with some evening and weekend hours as needed to accommodate student and/or department needs. Typically, work weeks will not exceed 40 hours.
North Central College, founded in 1861, is a selective, comprehensive liberal arts institution of 3000 students located 28 miles west of Chicago in Naperville, within walking distance of the Naperville Metra station. For information about the College, please visit the website at https://www.northcentralcollege.edu.