The University of Texas Permian Basin welcomes applicants for the position of Director, Graduate Admissions. Reporting to the Dean of Graduate Studies, the Director, Graduate Admissions will lead and supervise comprehensive student recruitment and admission strategies to attract, recruit, and enroll highly qualified graduate students. The successful candidate will also act as a key member of the strategic leadership admissions team; manage enrollment efforts in the graduate studies office by providing technical and administrative assistance at a professional level in all areas of Graduate Studies, both for on-campus and off-campus students. The Director is further responsible for planning, scheduling, and overseeing projects and supervising staff related to enrollment, admissions, and administrative processes.
Starting salary range for this position is $60,000 to $65,000/yr., depending upon qualifications.
1. Manage the day-to-day activities of the Graduate Admissions office:
• Oversee the application review process; evaluate applications and transcripts in order to recommend admission decisions
• Coordinate the review of applications by departmental admissions committees
• Meet with and counsel prospective students; provide admissions and program information; guide students through the entire enrollment/admissions process from initial inquiry to the first day of class
• Provide guidance to students interested in obtaining post graduate or post-professional degrees
• Collaborate with ITS to develop technology to improve the admissions process
• Identify opportunities to improve work practices and offer viable solutions for implementation
2. Gather data, conduct research, administer surveys, and provide planned, on-going reporting:
• Manage enrollment data collection, process, and integrity; provide standardized, on-going reports and conduct presentations
• Gather data and complete department-required surveys of students, graduates, and faculty for purposes of program review and assessment
• Create and maintain applicant spreadsheets for all programs and concentrations
3. Create and implement a communication plan:
• Develop, maintain, and continually enhance communication plans for prospective graduate students
• Communicate with prospective students via social media, videoconference, phone, email, and direct mail regarding advanced degrees; provide essential information related to admission requirements and enrollment processes
• Produce clear, persuasive, and original copy for communications
4. Create and implement a marketing and recruitment plan:
• Direct the development, implementation, and coordination of a strategic marketing and recruitment plan for graduate enrollment
• Utilize social networking, multimedia, and other technologies to increase graduate student enrollment and retention
• On an ongoing basis, assess and evaluate the most effective recruitment initiatives. Develop target market profiles for each program to drive recruiting activities
• Manage all stages of advertising buys, to include planning, contracts and implementation; plan and purchase list buys and student search campaigns (mail, email, social media, and phone)
• Coordinate and communicate with the public relations team to produce admissions and marketing materials
• Meet regularly with the Graduate Dean to provide updates on enrollment and recruitment strategies
• Coordinate with graduate program directors in conjunction with the Graduate Dean for review and updates of all program admissions marketing materials
• Coordinate on-campus/off-campus recruiting activities for all graduate programs
• Travel to various recruiting, admissions and community based events to market graduate programs to prospective students
• Oversee the maintenance and development of graduate admissions website pages and social media accounts; communicate with graduate faculty and web services to encourage the development of program websites
5. Interact with internal and external stakeholders:
• Confer regularly with immediate supervisor, other department/University personnel, and/or various firms/organizations/individuals external to the University to exchange information and resolve problems
• Provide professional support to the Graduate Studies Committee, including research and data gathering as needed, and application, enrollment, and graduation assistance
• Develop relationships and communication with all graduate program directors; plan and manage Graduate Council meetings
• Collaborate with the Office of Institutional Research, Deans and Program Directors to determine annual enrollment projections Other duties as assigned:
• Duties may vary and will evolve over time as the Graduate Studies office implements new strategies reflective of the evolving landscape of higher education
The University offers an excellent compensation package which includes a broad range of employee benefits including free health insurance (employee only) as well as a generous retirement program. We invite you to learn more at www.utpb.edu.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants must submit a UTPB electronic application in order to be considered. Link to job posting at the UTPB Careers site: https://utpb.peopleadmin.com/hr/postings/2746. Or, go to www.utpb.edu and click on the Careers link in the main menu.
Please include all required documents with your submission.
Unofficial transcripts of all college work are acceptable for purposes of the application. Official transcripts are required upon hire.
The University of Texas of the Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
UTPB participates in e-Verify.
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of four (4) years of experience in office management or recruitment, preferably in higher education
• Organizational and analytical abilities, solid communication skills, computer competency, the ability to handle multiple tasks, and a belief in the value of a higher education with the capacity to articulate its benefits to the public
• Familiarity with the needs of diverse student populations, including international students
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint) and CRM software systems
• Excellent customer service skills
• Prior experience with marketing, student management systems, and associated technologies
• Applicant must successfully complete a criminal background check
• Master’s degree with appropriate relevant experience
• Preference will be given to candidates who are fluent (verbal and in writing) in both English and Spanish
Additional Salary Information: Depending Upon Qualifications
Internal Number: S312P
About University of Texas Permian Basin
The only university named after a geological formation, The University of Texas Permian Basin is a University of Texas System institution, which includes nine academic universities and six health institutions statewide. Surrounded by one of the largest oilfields in the country, UTPB is home to over 5,500 students and approximately 250 teaching faculty. Located in Odessa, Texas, the University has an impact of nearly $250 million on the regional economy and is recognized for its affordability, awarding roughly $15 million in financial aid annually. With 35 undergraduate and 18 graduate programs of study to choose from – as well as the flexibility of fully on-line undergraduate and graduate degree programs – the University consistently ranks among the top 5 Texas public universities for students employed or accepted in graduate/professional school within one year of graduation. At UTPB, you get it all: the small-campus feel with the might of The University of Texas System.
As a regional, comprehensive institution, The University of Texas Permian Basin serves a diverse community of students from the region, the state, and beyond. Through excellence in student-centered teaching, lear...ning, research, and public service, the University cultivates engaged citizens and impacts lives while advancing technology and the public interests of West Texas. The University aspires to be a vibrant student-focused center of excellence for learning, culture, and economic development, preparing students for leadership and success in a complex and changing world. We invite you to learn more about us at: www.utpb.edu.
The University of Texas Permian Basin values the great variety of intellectual and cultural perspectives that contribute to our success. We strongly believe that our future depends heavily on our ability to embrace diversity and leverage the strength of inclusion. The University prohibits unlawful discrimination against a person because of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation and gender identity. The University's commitment to equal opportunity extends its nondiscrimination protections to gender expression. The Office of Human Resources prohibits discrimination on the basis of a disability. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 432-552-2747. Note: The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 requires The University of Texas Permian Basin to employ only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. New employees must present documents verifying identity and right to accept employment.
UTPB participates in E-Verify.