- Master’s degree and at least 5 years’ experience working in Student Development or Student Activities or teaching or a related field in higher ed. or an equivalent combination of education training and experience.
- Demonstrated competence working with a complex and diverse student population.
- Excellent problem-solving, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Proven leadership effectiveness, including the ability to relate and engage with all segments of campus.
- Proven ability to counsel, mentor and assist students.
- Strong group facilitation skills.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Demonstrated strong computer competence, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and social media.
- Experience in a residential liberal arts environment.
- Experience writing grant and fund-raising proposals.
- Experience with statistics and metrics-driven growth analysis.
Any and all offers to external applicants are contingent on the candidate’s completion of a pre-employment background check screening to the satisfaction of Wesleyan University
Wesleyan University, located in Middletown, Connecticut, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, political belief, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or non-position-related criminal record. We welcome applications from women and historically underrepresented minority groups. Inquiries regarding Title IX, Section 504, or any other non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Antonio Farias, VP for Equity & Inclusion, Title IX and ADA/504 Officer, 860-685-4771, firstname.lastname@example.org.