The University of Georgia invites applications and nominations for the position of Executive Director of University Housing.
The Division of Student Affairs comprises 18 campus departments that enhance the learning environment for students at the University of Georgia by stimulating the learning process, integrating the in-class and out-of-class experiences, and promoting an environment conducive to growth and discovery and facilitating intellectual, spiritual, social, occupational, physical, cultural and emotional development. The Student Affairs website is located at www.studentaffairs.uga.edu/.
The Executive Director of University Housing provides strategic leadership for a comprehensive housing and residential life program for students at the University of Georgia.
In support of the University’s academic mission and the strategic priorities of the Division and UGA, University Housing accommodates more than 7,600 students in 22 residence halls, almost 600 family and graduate apartment units, 48 townhouses and six single family homes on the Health Sciences Campus, and four Greek Park fraternity houses. The Executive Director oversees more than 200 full-time employees, nearly 500 student employees, and administers a departmental budget of approximately $47 million.
With a Housing occupancy rate of more than 98 percent, and a 95 percent University-wide first-year student retention rate, the Executive Director will enjoy a mature and effective Housing program, with the resources and support to innovate on behalf of students and the Housing profession.
Notable opportunities for the incoming Executive Director include further enhancing the department’s impact on student learning and development and connections with faculty and academic partners; continuing to upgrade and improve the campus’s housing supply, including the ongoing renovation of Russell Hall; advancing efforts to foster shared community and ensure the wellbeing of all community members; and implementing the Housing
Comprehensive Plan. See more information at: www.housing.uga.edu/.
The Executive Director reports directly to the Vice President for Student Affairs and serves as a member of the Student Affairs Leadership Team.
• Provide vision, leadership, and overall supervision for University Housing in support of the University’s academic mission and the strategic priorities of the Division and UGA
• Assure the presence of a vital, effective residence life and education program designed to support the academic success and personal growth of residents. Enhance existing residential-academic programs and partnerships to create a pervasive, seamless learning environment
• Foster a welcoming, supportive residential community for students and staff that promotes connectedness and the wellbeing of all community members
• Ensure the effectiveness of Department staff and organizational structure. Set standards for the recruitment, selection, training, supervision, and support of all staff within the Department
• Directly supervise and lead the senior management team and central staff of the Department, including the Director of Residential Programs and Services, Director of Administrative Services and Communications, Director of Facilities, Assistant to the Executive Director, Senior Coordinator for Alumni Engagement, and Administrative Specialist
• Provide direction and oversight for the Department budget and finances. As an auxiliary Department, ensure sound fiscal operations and utilization of long range financial planning
• Maintain and execute the Housing Comprehensive Plan for the University including periodic updates and refinements. Lead the planned program of renovation, redevelopment, and new construction in concert with the University strategic plan and the Physical Master Plan for the campus
• Continue progress and leadership for the ongoing renovation of Russell Hall
• Provide oversight and integration of short and long term plans for the maintenance and improvement of the residential facilities as implemented through operating and plant funds
• Provide oversight leadership for Department administrative operations and systems including publications, marketing, IT systems/applications, electronic commerce, voice/data/CATV services, and related activities. Also provide guidance for the summer conference, sports camp program, and visiting scholars/transient housing program
• Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with University and community partners
• Represent the Department to institutional and external audiences, including students, parents, and others regarding any and all aspects of the campus housing program
• Evaluate and ensure the effectiveness of the Department through ongoing data collection and assessment and evaluation efforts. Participate actively in Divisional and University assessment and reporting processes
• Ensure implementation of University and Department regulations, policies, and procedures as applicable
Applicant screening will begin immediately. Candidates are encouraged to submit their materials by Sunday, June 25, 2017; however, screening will continue until the position is filled. The application packet should include a cover letter detailing how the applicant’s credentials and experience meet the needs, responsibilities, and qualifications stated above; a current resume/CV; and contact information for three references (who will not be contacted without further correspondence with the applicant).
All applicants must apply online at FacultyJobs@UGA. Please see the job posting at: http://facultyjobs.uga.edu/postings/2022
To request a descriptive Opportunity Profile for this position, provide a nomination or seek additional information, please contact Sean Ryder, Primary Consultant with the UGA Search Group at 706-542-6240 or Sean.Ryder@uga.edu.
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.As such, the University of Georgia is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community. We not only strongly encourage women, minorities and other diverse candidates to consider applying for this position, but we also maintain that all candidates should share our commitment to diversity and inclusion.