University Dean of Student Success
University of Redlands
Outstanding Opportunity for An Innovative and Proven Student Affairs Leader
The University of Redlands, a liberal arts master's university in Southern California, seeks a visionary and forward thinking leader for the role of University Dean of Student Success, the University's senior student affairs officer. Recognized as one of the nation's finest independent liberal arts and sciences universities, the University of Redlands is a private institution located in the inland region outside of Los Angeles.
The University Dean of Student Success reports to the President, sits on the President's Cabinet, and oversees all aspects of the student experience for students in undergraduate, graduate and professional programs, including students enrolled in courses on the Redlands home campus and the six regional campuses throughout Southern California.
The offices and functions that fall within the responsibility of the portfolio include:
(1) Athletics; (2) Chaplain; (3) Community Service Learning; (4) Campus Diversity and Inclusion; (5) Professional Development (Career Development); (6) Student Health Center; (7) Counseling Center; (8) Residence Life; (9) Student Leadership and Involvement; (10) Greek Life; (11) Student Activities; (12) Student Conduct and Peer Education; and (13) engagement and support of students across all schools within the University.
The successful candidate will be visionary, strategically creative, experienced in student affairs and higher education environments, innovative, and adaptable. As a proven leader the University Dean will need to have excellent operational knowledge of and demonstrated, documented success in leading in an innovative higher education environment. Excellent skills in communicating and building partnerships to enhance the quality of the Redlands experience for all students will be essential.
• Advanced degree, preferably a doctorate, in higher education administration, student personnel, counseling, or other appropriately relevant field.
• Substantial and progressively more responsibility and accountability in senior-level administrative, management, and leadership positions in higher education over a period of at least 10 years.
• A minimum of 7 years of full-time experience supervising professional staff.
• Demonstrated leadership ability in working with a diverse student population as well as with a range of professional staff, faculty, parents and guardians, senior administrative colleagues, other University constituents, and external organizations.
• Demonstrated collaboration in achieving student success with University leaders in academic affairs.
Nomination and Application Process
The University of Redlands has partnered with Keeling and Associates, LLC (K&A) in this search process. Applications should include a letter of interest clearly addressing the position requirements, and a resume or curriculum vitae. For a detailed description, more information, or to apply visit University Dean of Student Success Position Profile.
A confidential review of applications will begin on March 30, 2017. Confidential inquiries and nominations should be addressed to Dr. Jan Walbert, Vice President and Senior Consultant for Executive Search, Keeling & Associates, jwalbert@KeelingAssociates.com.
The University is committed to the position that all students, faculty, employees and applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment. All student, faculty and staff recruitment is on the basis of the qualifications of the individual for the positions being filled regardless of race/color, national origin/ancestry, sex, religion, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information and pregnancy.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency