Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
The Student Engagement Coordinator is responsible for developing and implementing co-curricular student engagement programming that advances the objectives of VT Engage. The position:
- manages student leadership programming focused on community engagement and social justice;
- oversees the coordination of opportunities for sustainable, purposeful student learning, action, and reflection;
- serves as the primary point of contact for the STEP UP service leadership program, Get on the Bus, semester-long service commitments, and domestic weekend and week-long service immersion trips;
- manages the budget and expenses related to co-curricular programs and VT Engage’s domestic scholarship program;
- coordinates efforts with curricular programs to cultivate and maintain strong relationships with community partners;
- actively manages assigned university-community partnerships; and,
- consults with stakeholders to identify mutually beneficial service- learning opportunities.
The Student Engagement Coordinator is a key member of the VT Engage management team and reports to the Assistant Director for Student Engagement.
How to apply for this job
Interested applicants should complete an online application at http://www.jobs.vt.edu (search for posting #SW0170114) and attach the following documents:
- cover letter
- resume or curriculum vita
- name and contact information for three references.
Review of applications will begin on March 12, 2017 and continue until the position is filled. Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations should notify the search chair, Lindsey Gleason, at (540) 231-9798 or email@example.com by the review date.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.