KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and / or Experience –Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training. Master’s Degree in Student Personnel or related area and two years of post-bachelors experience in a college setting (preferred). Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and direct student activities. Individual must possess a passion for students and their development. Demonstrated ability to effectively work with individuals and groups of varying backgrounds, interests and goals.
- Communication / Language -- Requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical -- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning -- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Individual should possess skills in critical thinking, problem solving and multi-tasking.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations -- None required
- Computer Literacy / General Office Equipment -- Intermediate computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), typing, fax machine, copier
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stand and walk
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl
- Climb or balance
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Close vision
- Ability to adjust focus
- Normal Work Schedule
- Some evening and weekends required
- Will rotate with other area coordinators to be on-call one week each month, carrying an on-call phone in case there is a crisis on campus.