The Coordinator, Leadership Studies Program provides leadership in the development, implementation, and management of undergraduate leadership course offerings, a 15-credit undergraduate Minor, and a 21-credit undergraduate Certificate. Leadership Studies is jointly positioned with the Department of Counseling, Higher Education, & Special Education (CHSE) of the College of Education and with Leadership & Community Service-Learning (LCSL) of the Adele H. Stamp Student Union – Center for Campus Life. LCSL provides academic and co-curricular programs that foster socially responsible leadership through experiential and community-based learning and strives to model critical and transformative approaches to the study and development of leadership.
Internal Number: https://ejobs.umd.edu/pos
About University of Maryland
University of Maryland College Park
Student Affairs Division
Adele H. Stamp Student Union Center for Campus Life
The Coordinator for Leadership & Community Service-Learning- Immersion Experiences, within the Leadership & Community Service-Learning (LCSL) office, leads the development, implementation, and assessment of impactful academic and student development programs that foster student learning and engagement through the Alternative Breaks (AB) and Alternative Weekends (AW) programs. The Coordinator develops and coordinates logistics, travel, and risk management for 34 immersion experiences including winter, spring, summer, and weekends to foster student’s socially responsible leadership skills and mindsets within personal, civic and professional contexts. Hires, trains, and provides developmental supervision for one Graduate Assistant and four student interns and recruits, retains, and supports AB Experience Leaders, AB Staff/Faculty Advisors, AW Student Coordinators, AW Site Leaders, and interns and oversee program administrative and team budgets, fees, and fundraising income and all expenditures in excess of $250,000.00. The position reports to the Assistant Director o...f the Adele H. Stamp Student Union – Center of Campus Life and Directs the Leadership and Community Service-Learning Office.
• Bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree in education, counseling, international education, student affairs, public policy or related field
• Experience facilitating extended experiential-learning programs in diverse settings—outdoor, rural, urban, international, etc.
• 1 year professional experience or equivalent in leadership, community service-learning, education abroad, or related field.
• Experience working with college students through leadership and community service-learning pedagogy
• Experience working internationally and/or through cross-cultural engagement
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills; Ability to navigate group dynamics
• Demonstrated effectiveness in working with students and colleagues as educator, advisor, and leader
• Demonstrated personal and professional commitment to public service, social justice, and diversity; Solid understanding of and appreciation for cultural, ethnic, and individual differences
• Demonstrated experience with fiscal management, fundraising, risk management, contract negotiation, personnel management, and supervision of a diverse staff
• Ability to communicate effectively, both in speaking and writing
Remuneration: This position is 12-month, full-time exempt status, salary commensurate with qualification and experience. Excellent benefits package, including health insurance, sick and annual leave, retirement subsidy, and tuition remission.
To apply: E-Terps on-line ONLY- resume, statement of interest, and names, emails and telephone numbers of three references to:
For best consideration submit materials by Friday, March 10, 2017
Questions may be addressed to: Search Chair Alisha Childress email@example.com
The University of Maryland is an EEO/AA employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.