Senior Coordinator for Health Sciences Campus and Conference Services
University of Georgia
August 1, 2018
Full Time - Experienced
Conference Services/Events Programs, Residence Life
The University of Georgia is a land-grant and sea grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities to higher education. Located approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, it is also the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education. Its motto, “to teach, to serve, and to inquire into the nature of things,” reflects the University’s integral and unique role in the conservation and enhancement of the state’s and nation’s intellectual, cultural and environmental heritage.
University Housing is a part of the Division of Student Affairs. In addition to housing, other departments and units in the division include: Academic Partnerships and Initiatives; Center for Leadership and Service, Disability Resource Center, Greek Life Office, International Student Life, LGBT Resource Center, Multicultural Services and Programs, Office of Student Conduct, Recreational Sports, Student Affairs Assessment and Staff Development; Student Affairs Communications and Marketing Initiatives, Student Affairs Development, Student Affairs for Extended Campuses, Student Support Services, Student Veterans Resource Center, Tate Business Services, Tate Student Center, University Health Center and University Testing Services. This dynamic division’s mission is to enhance the learning environment for students at the University of Georgia.
This is a mid-manager level professional and managerial position responsible for housing for undergraduate students, the visiting scholars residential program, transitional housing for selected faculty and staff, graduate/professional student housing for the medical school and the College of Public Health and coordination of the University Housing summer conferences program.
In order to apply, candidates must go to the University of Georgia Human Resource site at https://www.ugajobsearch.com/postings/search. Candidates can apply for the Senior Coordinator for the Health Sciences Campus and Conference Services position by entering s01555p in the keywords box.
1. Manage the day-to-day operations and management of the Health Sciences Campus’ residential program including the administration of housing operational goals budgets in conjunction with the mission of the department, division, and university.
2. Responds to emergencies and other unexpected events, which disrupt the operation and management of the community. Identify and respond to situations having the potential to escalate. Serve in a regular weekly on-call rotation for on-campus residence halls. Serves as a conduct-hearing officer for students involved in both University and housing policy violations. Interpret and enforce department and university policies and procedures.
3. Directly supervise a residence hall director and an administrative assistant II. Participate in the recruitment, selection and training of professional, graduate and undergraduate staff within the department.
4. Coordinate all aspects of the department’s summer conference program and serve as primary contact for all group sponsors desiring on-campus housing arrangements.
5. Implements and supports various aspects of the department, division and UGA strategic planning goals and objectives with University Housing’s Culture of Inclusion initiative being a key area of emphasis. Serve on departmental and university committees, task forces and participate in other professional development activities. Perform other duties consistent with the purpose of the position as assigned.
6. Respond through personal contact with residents, parents, faculty, administrators and other stakeholders to resolve problems, answer questions and clarify policy. Be available to staff and residents beyond traditional office hours. Discuss maintenance, custodial and security issues with the appropriate staff in order to ensure that services meet departmental standards.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
About University of Georgia
University Housing’s mission is to provide comfortable, affordable and secure on campus housing options in residential communities where the academic success and personal growth of residents are encouraged and supported. Housing offers a variety of living environments, including 580 apartments for families and graduate students. More than seven thousand single students are housed in 22 residence halls. The single students’ halls are administratively grouped into eight communities. The majority of these communities houses approximately 1,000 residents each. Housing is developing and strengthening collaborative efforts with academic colleagues to enrich the living-learning environment.